Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mic check....is this thing on?

Hello out there! I've been contemplating writing a blog for a few months now and I'm finally going for it.  (Can you tell I'm someone who puts way too much thought into something??) I'm really excited about the idea of keeping everyone in the loop about what is going on with us and our family.  Hopefully that will actually be what I do and I can keep up with posting regularly.  I apologize now if that doesn't happen.  I also want to take this opportunity to apologize for my writing as I am not very good with words and sometimes am not clear with my thoughts.  I'm also hoping that this blog will help me with that and make me a better writer and thinker.  I know I have really enjoyed reading blogs of people that are going through a similar situation or have some kind of common interest.  I think blogging can be good for you and maybe a little therapeutic....although it comes no where close to praying and spending time in God's word if we are ranking them.

Ok so now you know my hopes and dreams for this blog.  I hope it's as fun for you as it is for me and you find it at least somewhat enjoyable.  Hopefully it will fall somewhere between the first thing you think about when you wake up ("will Kristy write a post today?? oh how I hope so!") and the thing you remember to check when you're bored out of your mind on your last day of being home sick with the flu for a week.  If so, then I will call it a job well done.  If you are lucky, you may even get to read guest posts from my wonderfuly wise husband Dave....and maybe on occasion posts from our crazy, but loveable dogs, Roxy and Clark.       

During this month or 2 of thinking about writing a blog, I've had so many good "blogging opportunities."  Every time Dave asks me if I've started THE blog yet, I respond with "yep, it's all right up here" as I point to my head.  Unfortunately I have a horrible memory.  So my first few posts may seem a little jumbled and out of order as I try to remember the things that got me excited about wanting to share our story.  Stay tuned for a post coming soon about what we are up to right now and where God is taking us in starting a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment